Sunday, 21 April 2013

Let's Get Rolling

I had a meeting with my supervisor this week. I have completed my Initial Planning, and have recorded my supervisor's comments. He believes it would be beneficial for me if I were to program a short computer game in Scratch, before making the step into robot soldering and Python.

Scratch is a programming language created by the MIT Media Lab. It allows beginners to program and create, whilst also picking up basic "mathematical and computational ideas", before heading into the big wide world of Python.

I have taken this advice on board and will shortly be brainstorming ideas for my first programming project. I might even ask some primary children at my school to evaluate the game; peer assessment rather than self assessment. Or a mixture of both, because what I will end up creating will need evaluation of the creative process by me, and evaluation of the end result by its users.

After this meeting, I filled in my Project Proposal Part A last Friday, and am hoping to receive Part B, completed by my supervisor, next week. Then it's just Part C left, the approval of my EPQ-cooordinator, and the programming can begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment